We love Normandy
Normandy is in the top 10 of the most beautiful regions in the world to discover according to the best of 2019 from the Lonely Planet travel guide!
We believe we have seen everything from Normandy, but very often we overlooked the Bessin country in the Calvados department , discreet and yet with a quality of life like no other. In the central position of the Normandy region while being by the sea: Port-en-Bessin , a small artisanal fishing port, is ideally located
- 10km from Bayeux, Omaha Beach (Colleville sur mer) and Arromanches
- at the heart of the landing beaches
- 3 hrs from Paris (or 2h15 by train + 10mn taxi).
What to see / what to do here?
- The landing beaches and sites so moving (devote them according to your interest 1/2 day or several days)
- The pretty city of Bayeux at 10km, its UNESCO listed tapestry, its Cathedral, its good restaurants and shopping addresses
- The Mont Saint Michel (1h45) to discover ideally by crossing the bay on foot
- Caen (40mn), Cotentin (1h), Deauville-Honfleur-Pays d'Auge (1h30), Etretat (2h)
Get off the beaten track:
- Live to the rhythm of the tides and the return of fishing from our fishing village.
- Look up and gaze at the changing Norman skies over the sea, the Impressionist painters loved it!
- Discover the magnificent local heritage, the remarkable small museums, the confidential gardens
- Visit cider farms, oyster farms and artisan cheese makers
Make one with Mother Nature :
- In all weathers, long walks on the large sandy beaches
- Hiking or cycling on country lanes and along the coast
- Within a radius of 10 km: Walking into the sea, diving, fishing, sand yachting, horse riding, paraglider ...